If you crave a serene, secluded hideaway, our Manzanita rentals are just what you need. Manzanita — Spanish for “little apple” — might just be the best-kept secret of the North Oregon Coast. This sleepy beach town is an ideal destination for those longing for time away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Manzanita is nestled between Arch Cape and Wheeler, Oregon, about an hour and a half from Portland taking the scenic drive along Highway 26 and connecting to the Pacific Coast Highway.
With seven miles of walkable, dog-friendly coastline, you’re free to explore and relax while getting the opportunity to make a new furry friend or two. As evening approaches, pull up a piece of driftwood and take in a breathtaking sunset sitting fireside on the beach.
When you’re done exploring, return to an elegant, indulgent home-away-from-home with all the amenities you need for an unforgettable vacation. Discover some of our favorite things to do in Manzanita!
One of the biggest draws to the Oregon Coast is the abundance of outdoors fun! There are two great spots for hiking near Manzanita.
- Oswald West State Park: More experienced hikers will want to visit this site, including the Neahkahnie Mountain Loop. The higher up the mountain you hike, the more gorgeous views of our coastline and crashing waves you’ll enjoy. It is a relatively steep 5 mile hike, so be sure to stay hydrated; we promise the view at the top is worth it! Oswald West State Park is also home to Short Sand Beach, or “Shorty’s” as locals call it. This beach is one of the most popular spots for Oregon Coast surfing.
- Nehalem Bay State Park: First-time visitors to this park should explore the Nehalem Spit Trail, which is just over five miles long. It’s considered moderate in difficulty, and is open year-round, giving visitors the opportunity to experience all of the beauty of our area – rainy season included. Nehalem Bay State Park is also an awesome place for kayaking, crabbing, and fishing!
If caffeine is an essential part of your day, stop by either of our locally owned cafes and get your fix.
- Manzanita Coffee Co: Located next door to Marzano’s Pizza, you’ll find coffee, freshly baked donuts, scones, cinnamon rolls, ice cream, and more.
- Manzanita Cones & Coffee: Enjoy Tillamook ice cream, espresso, and coffee for the perfect after-dinner treat.
- Manzanita News and Espresso: This local hotspot serves coffee and tea (Matcha as well!), and a selection of based goods from a local bakery. Try their Mexican Mocha!
- The Roost: Take a quick morning trip to Wheeler and visit The Roost located under the Old Wheeler Hotel. Homemade baked goods, soups and sandwiches – with delicious coffee to boot!
If you don’t feel like whipping up a delicacy in the gourmet kitchen in our Manzanita rentals, try one of the local restaurants! Be aware that these local favorites can and often will fill up for dinner. We suggest reservations for the restaurants that accept them — one of our Guest Ambassadors would be happy to make one for you.
- A Mighty Thai: Craving some Thai food? Enjoy the selection at A Mighty Thai!
- San Dune Pub: Stop by for some delicious fish and chips at this 21 and over pub with a patio. Catch live music on Saturday nights!
- Marzano’s Pizza: Enjoy the best pizza in Manzanita. Keep in mind they are counter service only, so bring your pie back to the house with you, or find a cozy spot down the road for a beachside pizza picnic.
- Big Wave Cafe: This seafood restaurant is best known for its crab cakes and halibut.
- Wanda’s Cafe: Located just down the road in Nehalem, Wanda’s has been serving up breakfast and lunch favorites to locals and visitors for over 20 years.
- Left Coast Siesta: Hearty burritos, tacos, and more at this Baja-Mexican joint. People watch from the front porch while you enjoy your organic, fresh-ingredient Mexican fare.
- Neah-Kah-Nie Bistro: If you’re looking for a date-night spot, search no further! This bistro is serving up gourmet comfort foods – don’t forget to make a reservation.
- The Winery at Manzanita: You’ll find more than just exquisite wines at this spot. The Winery at Manzanita also serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts that can all be enjoyed on their rooftop deck or sitting fireside at one of their coveted fire tables.
You’ll love the adorable boutiques in town. Here are some of the best places to go shopping in Manzanita.
- Manzanita Grocery and Deli (The Little Apple): If you’re hoping to stock up on some essentials during your stay with AvantStay, stop by the Little Apple. There is a deli with an excellent variety of homemade salads, sandwiches, soups, and desserts, as well as some great platters. There is also a meat department with a wide selection of high-quality cuts. This is a must stop for your perfect beach picnic!
- Manzanita Farmers Market: If you’re visiting in the summer, head to the Farmers Market for some live music and to browse through the local vendors. You’ll find everything from produce from nearby farms to locally-made wines.
- Four Paws on the Beach: Manzanita’s favorite pet store to pamper your pup (or kitty) while you’re on vacation! Remember to check out our selection of pet-friendly properties so the whole family can join you on vacation!
- Unfurl Clothing: Stop by this eco-friendly shop with clothing for women, men, and children.
- T-Spot: This eclectic boutique has a little bit of everything, from yarn and gifts to gourmet chocolate!
- Finnesterre: Shop the selection of beach-inspired home decor and jewelry.
- Manzanita Sweets: If you’ve got a sweet tooth, head to this shop for delicious salt-water taffy and irresistible chocolates!
Other Local Attractions
- Spend an afternoon at one of the local art galleries. Hoffman Center for the Arts features some excellent art programs and also displays some works by local artists. Polaris Gallery is another fantastic gallery in town.
- Practice your swing at Manzanita Links Golf Course. This 9-hole course in the middle of town is a favorite of locals and visitors alike. Bring your pet (on a leash of course) to walk the course with you!
- Enjoy a day of pampering at Spa Manzanita. From facials to pedicures and hot stone massages, you’ll leave feeling refreshed and ready to take on your next adventure.
We know you’ll love our Manzanita, Oregon rentals and everything the area has to offer.